Cray-zfamily

Cray-zfamily

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Soccer, Baseball, Dance, Piano.......

O.K. I know it is useless to complain about being too busy with my children's activities when I know that it is my own fault that they have activities. I really do try to keep their activities to a minimum because I do not like having little to no free time with them. Karli is my busiest but she still has plenty of free time too. She takes piano for 1/2 hr. each week, she has fall and spring soccer which are two practices a week and 2 games a week but the season is only 2 months long twice a year so it goes pretty quickly. She also takes dance 1 night a week for an hour and a half.
Mack and Brody are starting baseball and that will keep us hopping until Karli is done with soccer. They are at the age where I can have them on the same team this year and Aric is coaching it so that is going to make things much easier. I do not look forward to next baseball season when all three boys are wanting to play and they are all on different teams!!!!!!!!! ugh!
I am really lucky in that I enjoy going to their games and recitals and watching and supporting them, I can not imagine how hard it would be to go to the things your kids are doing and not enjoy them. I love seeing how hard they work to improve and the smiles on their faces when they make a big play or perform their piano piece that they have been practicing for 3 months, the same song, over and over and over.
All of this is the fun stuff that makes being a mom all that more special. I know we have all heard our parents and others who no longer have children at home tell us that we need to enjoy the stage of our lives, with small kids, the noise, the business, the laundry, the constant cooking, cleaning and driving to and from things. I tend to agree I want to treasure it and hold on to it and then when I am older and can look back on it I will appreciate it all the more!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

I'm glad Aric's coaching, too. We love being on the team!

michele84084 said...

Jana- you have such a cute family!