

So this is my baby he just turned 4 years old this month. I can hardly believe it has gone so fast. He is so funny. He insists on being called Jakie baby. If I call him something else I get corrected immediately with "no i gakie baby"
He enjoys being the baby and we have all enjoyed having him as the baby. He loves to hug and kiss. He loves his mommy and his Alec (that is his cousin Alex he has her wrapped right around his little finger and they both love it).
Jake just started his first time in a organized sport (well as organized as a bunch of 3-5 yr old's running around after a soccer ball can be).
His first game did not go so well. Neither Aric or I could be there so we had my Dad take him and he refused to play. He is not a big fan of strangers or new experiences. I hoped rather than believed that I could convince him to play at his second game on the following Wed. I was amazed when after relatively little effort I got him to stay out on the field with his team and warm up. Then he went right in and played when the game started. He was smiling and running and then he got tripped and fell to the ground and his shoe came off. He was devastated and ran to me crying. All I could thing was well I guess that is the end of soccer for now (he is not known for his ability to rebound from something he finds scary). Surprinsingly within a few minutes he was ready to head back into the game. After about 2 more minutes of playing down he went again, after another few minutes of tears he went in as goalie. He seemed to really like it. He was very happy that no one was tripping him and making him fall down. He did go back in the game and play and even fell down one more time but this time no tears he just jumped up and went after the ball.
I guess Gakie baby is trying to be a big boy after all
.
5 comments:
Way to go Jake...you just keep it up! I am thinking goalie sounds like a pretty great place to be too...I'm not much on getting knocked down either. Tell your mom now that you are the "bigger" baby she may need to start thinking about another "smaller" one (hee hee)
He's a total champ on the field! I wish Jack would let me call him Jacky-baby! He insists that he is a big guy, not a baby! Hope the season continues going well for Jake and that we could get Jack to go out and play!!!
He is so dang cute, his little smile gets me everytime!
Watching soccer at that age is hilarious!
I keep holding out hope that you have updated your blog........
Post a Comment