As most of you know my family has a very long (i can not remember a time during my life when it was not part of the Holiday season) tradition of getting together between Christmas and Thanksgiving and making homemade chocolates and pecan logs.
This is a very long and involved process. I did not even realize how involved until I moved away and was not able to make them with the family anymore. That is when I found how how much I did not know about the chocolate making. I had my
We started phase one yesterday.
Phase one is making all of the fondant and putting in the flavors. This is actually the first year that I remembered to bring my camera.
This is a picture of two of my aunts getting ready to start cooking.
We usually have 4-5 pots holding double batches of fondant going at once.
These are the marble slabs that we pour the very hot candy on to cool so that we can turn them with the spatulas until they turn to cream. We had five of them laid out over my sister Roni's counter and kitchen table.
This is the fondant after it has started to turn to cream. After this we put it into bowls and add the flavoring.
We did 11 double batches of fondant. We made them into raspberry, maple walnut, vanilla, orange, lemon, rum and butter, and butter pecan. We will also dip cherries, caramel, and olympian cream in the chocolate. We also do raisin and peanut clusters.
Monday (25th of Nov.) we started at 9:00 with my Mom, Dad, Roni, two of my aunts, one of my cousins, and me and we finished with the clean up at 2:00.
We will start the dipping on Saturday.
7 comments:
What a fun tradition, sounds yummy!
What a brilliantly delicious tradition.
I can't believe you guys. It is SO much work to make candy and yours turn out so great! Happy dipping:). I think that is the worst part.
Please, please, PLEASE can I buy some from you?? It is seriously the best candy I've ever tasted!!
Look out Roni's front window, to your left, about four houses down. That is where all scraps should be delivered. Thank you.
I just added your family to my Christmas card list. Please remember me with your finished product :)
I will give you a piece of peanut butter fudge for one peanut cluster :)
Post a Comment