Yes it is November.
To most of you this probably means the start of the Holiday season. To me it means the start of the candy making season. As you know my family has a long standing tradition of making chocolates and pecan logs to give away at Christmas. This is a very long process so we start it early. Yesterday was the official day #1. I had a few days before this of supply shopping but we usually do not count those. We made 180 pecan logs yesterday in about 5 hrs. The sad thing is none of those pecan logs were mine. We still have another pecan log day, a day of fondant making (that is the middle of the chocolates), 3-4 days of dipping the chocolates and one day to cup and divide the chocolates. It is a lot of work and we do get a little tired of each other by the time we are done but I wouldn't want to start off the Holiday season any other way.
Old Enough For the Temple!
6 years ago
3 comments:
Jana,
I think or I should say I know that pecan logs are allowed through the mail...
We always look forward to those and the chocolates every year, hope you can get them through.
MMMMM, mouth watering. One of my favorite things.
I still think you are just a little bit crazy! SO much work but they sure are good!
Post a Comment