Anyway Mack turned 8 just in time for his 1st official pack meeting to be the pine wood derby. He had a blast workin
g on his car with both Aric and I.He chose the color and the decals and even helped come up with the shape he wanted for the car. He did most of the painting himself with just a little bit of touch up's by Mom and Dad.
Last night was the big race and he was really excited when his car kept winning heat after heat. I could tell he had visions of bringing that trophy home. Then a little thing called Jackson Keys' black widow car happened along and blew his trophy dream right off of the track. I noted with a moment of panic what is usually the begining of a mini fit on his face. For those of you who do not know this about Mack he is very competitive and he really does not do loosing too well. I broke out in a cold sweat thinking how embarrassing if he starts to cry. What will I do? Then the race was over Jackson had won the trophy and I saw my Mack go up to him and shake his hand and tell him his car was great!
Maybe I am going to like scouts after all!!
4 comments:
WOW! Mack looks so cute in his scout shirt, and that car is awesome. Hopefully the memories will be more fond now that it is your own child in scouts:) Ha!
Happy Belated Birthday Bud!
Don't you love it when your kids actually do something you have been trying your best to teach them! At least he hasn't been on anyone's roof! I HATE the cheers also, didn't love my calling as a Webelos leader as well, and really don't enjoy pack meeting but scouts is a great program and the boys learn a lot. Great car!
Jenny doesn't enjoy pack meeting because she doesn't have Bruce for a cubmaster. :)
Jana, I think you may have jinxed yourself. I'm pretty sure you will one day end up as a den mother again. You've got three boys...
I'm very proud of Mack!!
I'm pulling for you to be in Young Women's with me:)
That is one sweet looking car, he should have won by looks alone!
Post a Comment