O.k. so I am one of those Moms who LOVES Back to school. I know in many peoples minds this makes me a bad Mom and I am o.k. with that. I love the schedule and order it brings back into my home when everyone has specific routines. I am always ready for summer when it comes around too though so hopefully that redeems me a little.
My back to school enthusiasm has been dampened though by a bus fiasco.
Warning.... some of you may care to stop reading now, others have been trying for weeks to get me to hold any kind of conversation that does not include the words bus and it's not fair!
Last year in Oct. I got some of the best news. A boy who lives on the corner qualified for the bus because of a disability ( no obviously that is not the best news) but, in an effort to cut down on the traffic at the school some of the children living near him were asked if they would like to ride the bus as well, we were lucky enough to be some of those children. I promptly quit my awesome car pool and enjoyed a driving free school year (sorry Roni and Jenny again but a gal has to do..... you know the rest) Anyhoo. I had it on very good authority that the bus was going to continue this school year and that I would still be on the route. I watched the mail to see if they would send anything home this summer giving me this glorious news and alas nothing came. The week before school started I got a little nervous and decided to find out what the deal was. I called the PTA pres. of our school who lives in our neighborhood and was shocked to find out that I should have received the letter the beginning of Aug. I called the school and was told that the bus was now full and I would be added to a WAITING list. Anyone who knows me knows that waiting is not exactly my speciality. I am a results now kind of gal. So after a week of school (yes driving my kids both ways because everyone I have talked to either has a car pool already or is on the stinking bus) I have talked to the principal three times and am still WAITING!!!! UGH it is going to be a long year I fear!
By the way I got the awesome news that I was indeed supposed to get the letter about the bus but someone overlooked my name on the mailing list and did not mail it too me because they said my address label was still on the sheet!
Old Enough For the Temple!
6 years ago
4 comments:
Jana, I love your blog, it's so cute! So I have heard about the bus fiasco from so many people. I hope that you get on, yuck! Brooke Rees
I say you have your kids start riding. No one will notice, I promise. Tell Walt that Valerie and I gave you permission. Ha ha!
I love it when school starts also... You are so funny.. I love reading your entries.. Enjoy the school year girl..
Hey Jana just connected to your blog through Alecia. I love getting to know people better this way I only hope they are ok with me reading your blog without your personal invitation. I feel sorta like a spy?? Well anyway I think you and Aric are awesome and I appreciate all the coaching he does and your support. You do a lot. If you'd like to check our blog it's www.brianandjenniferduncan.blogspot.com
I'm sure the bus is a sure thing for you. My concern after today is getting a parent watch group going- ya know? Kinda scary. Glad Ben is fine.
jennifer
Post a Comment