Cray-zfamily

Cray-zfamily

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Summer is closing fast

I can hardly believe that the summer is almost over. Jake has already started pre-school. Karli and Mack start on Monday and Brody starts kindergarten after Labor day. I guess it is because we have had such a fun summer. I was able to spend a lot of time down at the pool watching the kids swim. It was great seeing their confidence and swimming ability grow this summer. Mack has become part fish (watch out Michael Phelps ha ha). We had our neighborhood end of summer social last night down at the park and my assignment was the food area. I had to make sure we had volunteers and set up. I think it went really good. I was a little sticky from 2 hrs of sno cone making and then a coat of butter from the hr. at the popcorn station but it was a blast. I think everyone had a really good time. I was sorry I did not get a chance to try out the giant slide and the bouncy house but I think it is probably better I was too busy!!!
I am looking forward to cooler weather and a little more schedual in our lives but I am sure it will not be long before I am wishing we still had lazy warm summer days back.

2 comments:

Julie Jones said...

I can't wait for school to start. woohoo!!

Erin said...

Sounds like a great neighborhood to be a part of...and one gets things done better than you! Hope this school year is a good one for the kids and for you...schedules are definitely the best.