So Aric and I recently got back from our "honeymoon" cruise. We have waited almost 15 year for this event (our 15th anniversary is August 26th). We decided to go early due to the rainy season in August, along with the start of school being the same week as our anniversary.
We flew to L.A. on Sunday the 20th then we took a shuttle to the pier where we boarded the boat.
We spent the next day at sea and then we spent 3 days in different Mexican city ports. We stopped in Cabo san Lucas first. We went snorkeling and spent a little bit of time looking around the city. We really enjoyed the snorkeling but we were not overly impressed with the city itself.
Our next stop was Mazatlan we spent the day on and island across the port called stone island we layed out on the beach and did a little bit of body surfing in the ocean. It was a great and relaxing day. Unfortunatly because of our relaxation time we did not get to see very much of the city. I think I would really enjoy going back to Mazatlan and spending some time exploring there.
Our last and favorite stop was Puerto Vaillarta. We went on an excursion through the cruise line called the outdoor adventure tour and we had a blast. We took a 30 min. boat ride and then got out and road in some trucks into the Sierra Madre mnts. When we got there we were fitted with climbing gear and then put on Mules. We rode the mules up the mnt for about 20 min. Then we made our way back down the mnt through a series of zip lines and repelling. There were waterfalls and streams all along the way so we got soaking wet. One of the zip lines we did actually had us cannon balling into the stream. It was such a great experience and we both loved it.
Our last two days on the ship were sailing back to L..A. We took it easy. It was wonderful.
I had such a great time. I am glad that it gave me time to remember that I not only love my husband but that he is truly my best friend and I enjoy his company. Who could ask for more out of a vacation than that?
We also got asked several times if we were on our honeymoon so we left feeling young and refreshed. Unfortunatley that feeling only lasted until Monday morning!!
Old Enough For the Temple!
6 years ago
3 comments:
sounds like you had a blast.. You guys deserve it. Talk to you soon.
I loved it when we went on our first cruise.
When your kids are teenagers you will have to take them with you on one, we did last summer and it was a blast!!
Oooo! I want to go there and do that! So cool...I'm glad you had a blast.
Post a Comment